Do you have a birthday party, wedding, or baby shower coming up in a few days? No lies that cakes are not just for these two occasions. You can make a cake any time you like. But the major misconception about cake is that it is not easy to make. You can become a cake expert, but all you need is some practice. We bake chocolate or vanilla cakes most of the time. But sometimes we need something different. That’s why we present to you an almond raspberry cake that can make your mouth water in seconds. The top of the cake has almond and strawberries that makes it very delicious. You can prepare it ahead and then store it in the refrigerator. You can find many quality chest freezers for sale too. Without any further ado, let’s get to bake a cake.
Recipe Name: Almond and Raspberry Cake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Cuisine: American, German
Course: Dessert, Breakfast
- 11/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2-large eggs
- ½ cup full-fat sour cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp. almond extract
- ¼ tsp. powdered cinnamon
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup raspberries (frozen)
- 2 tbsp. butter (unsalted)
- ¾ cup almond (sliced)
- Confectioners’ sugar (for dusting)
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a baking pan with cooking spray or oil.
Make the Cake:
- Take a bowl and pour flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in it.
- Whisk them together and set them aside.
- Now take another bowl and throw the butter in it.
- Beat the butter with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Now add sugar to it and beat until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Scrape the batter from the sides of the bowl.
- Now add eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Whisk these ingredients at a medium speed.
- Your mixture might look crumbly, and that is fine.
- Now spread this mixture on the pan evenly and set aside.
Prepare the Topping:
- Take a medium-sized bowl and throw brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon powder in it.
- Mix with a fork.
- Now melt the butter and pour it into the bowl.
- Mix the butter with the other ingredients until crumbs form.
- Now place raspberries on the cake batter.
- Sprinkle the crumbs on the top of the cake.
- Place the sliced almonds on the cake.
- Place the cake in the oven and bake it for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, insert a toothpick in the cake. If the toothpick comes out easily and clean, your cake is ready.
- If the top of your cake is browning, cover it with aluminum foil for a better color.
- When your cake is ready, let it rest on a wire rack.
- Let it cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
- You can consume it warm or cold.
- Place your cake in a container and cover it tightly. Then put it in the refrigerator and consume it within five days.